Contact Us

Jillian O'Brien Insurance

230 W Market St, West Chester, PA 19382
Phone : 610-696-5130
Fax : 610-692-3663
Email :

15 E Winona Ave, Norwood PA 19074
Phone : 610-534-9229
Fax : 610-534-9110
Email :

Flood Insurance

Flood damage can happen no matter where your home or business is located. You can purchase flood insurance even if your property isn’t located in a flood plain. If you live miles away from water, you can still suffer flooding damage. Mortgage lenders can require you to purchase flood insurance depending on where your home is located. Damage from floods is not going to be covered under a standard homeowner’s insurance policy. Disaster aid is often not available either. Floods aren’t necessarily always considered a federal disaster. When floods are considered a federal disaster, the aid comes in the form of a loan, which will need to be paid back with interest. You don’t have to pay back the money you get from an insurance payout.

Flood insurance can offer you a lot of protection. It not only covers heavy or prolonged rain but also melting snow, block storm drainage systems, or coastal storm surge. Flood insurance will cover the home and its foundation, electrical and plumbing systems, air conditioning equipment, heaters and furnaces, appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, and washers and dryers, and personal possessions such as furniture, clothing, and electronic equipment. You can also get insurance to help with the flood cleanup with coverage for debris removal.

Getting Flood Insurance

You can get flood insurance through a licensed insurance agent in Pennsylvania, such as Jillian O'Brien Insurance. Policies traditionally were only available for purchase through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) but now there are more options. Tenants in rented homes can buy protection for their belongings. However, there is a waiting period for the flood policy to take effect. When getting flood insurance, it’s important to consider the kind of coverage that you need. Insurers will write different types of policies. Policies can cover the dwelling, structure, and contents. There can be certain limits on the structure, as well as the contents, so be sure to make note of this.

Contact Jillian O'Brien Insurance to get a quote on flood insurance.

While our office is located in Pennsylvania, we are licensed in the following states: Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Maryland, North Carolina, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Virginia and                  West Virginia.

Partner Carriers

  • Aegis
  • CNA
  • AIG
  • American Modern
  • AM Trust Slide
  • Bristol West
  • BTIS
  • Chubb
  • Dairyland
  • Employers
  • Foremost
  • Grange
  • Hagerty
  • Dairyland
  • Employers
  • Foremost
  • Grange
  • Liberty Mutual
  • Markel
  • MetLife